Right – I am in one of those moods today where I am so fed up of being tired! Oh my goodness, I am so sick to death of waking up like death. This morning I lay in bed feeling the silky softness of our bamboo sheets against my skin (don’t worry - the rating for this blog is still PG!!) and all I was thinking was “I wish it were Sunday – why don’t I ever make the most of bed when I can! Maybe just go back to sleep for just 5 more minutes.”
Nope, husband was awake and raring to go. Urgh. Sometimes I really dislike him. To be honest I hate most people in the morning. I also hate feeling exhausted for the rest of the day. Not just a few moments after I wake up but for The. Rest. Of. The. Day.
I have tried all the supplements, I’ve tried having more sleep, less sleep, less food at night, giving up caffeine, not having a shower before bed, doing (a little) exercise. Nothing seems to help. Actually, I know at least two things in conjunction that I haven’t tried……
Drinking more water & exercise!
It’s annoying that it’s that easy. I actually don’t like drinking water all the time. I crave the bubbles of sodas even the zero sugar ones with caffeine and they still don’t keep me awake.
So, with that in mind, I am going to be less cynical and I am making it my mission to drink at least 2L of water (not wine!) a day. Apparently, this amount can increase your total energy expenditure by up to 96 calories per day.
Also drinking water half an hour before meals is the most effective. It can make you feel fuller, so that you eat fewer calories.
I am gonna get my skin shining, my blood pumping and I am going to be all over my exercise!! I’ve been looking at other things that could help me keep motivated to work out. Buzzfeed did a poll on how people kept themselves motivated. Here are the top 10 ways people keep motivated.
- Wash your hair only on days you work out. (Yes I like this!)
- Put on your workout clothes.
- Write down how you feel after every workout. (Happy and tired but mostly happy)
- Remember why you started.
- Ask yourself: "Will I regret skipping this workout?" (Urgh I hate this one, it’s a mental battle between good and evil in my head!)
- Sign up for classes at boutique studios.
- Get addicted to the post-exercise endorphin rush. (What I like to call - smug face that you did exercise rush.)
- Pretend there's a crowd and it's going wild. (I misread this and thought it said cow – though would work if you thought it was chasing you)
- Surround yourself with motivation.
- Give yourself micro-challenges. (Yes – I like this one – 15 – 20 mins tops a day. After that I can be smug)
Look not all of these are going to motivate you but maybe one or two do. I think keeping one of these in mind and then drinking enough water might actually be of help!
So my mission for the next month is to exercise everyday. Start with 20 mins and build it up after the month & drink at least 2L of water a day. I am going to write if it works for me. Hopefully I should also be in better shape before Christmas.
Right off to wash my hair and this smug smile off my face!
PS - I can’t stop peeing!
Read the rest of the smart ways to motivate yourself!